Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hmmm, maybe my last post was little shallow. Haha, but sometimes you got to feel that way to get out. Anyways Last week I had my first taste of adversity in this Architecture major. We had two assignments due Monday and lets just say I didn't get my beauty rest with them. We had a pattern design due Monday and then a Lettering practice due Wednesday, I didn't get to turn them in till Friday. Eeeek, I know but theres a rule that if you turn in your assignments within a week you get 90% instead of 100%.

The problem I faced and I am worried about though is how these projects will stack up in this class as well as out of college. It just got me thinking if I really wanted to live a life with no sleep and constant pressure with deadlines. Its scary, and a part of me just wants to work and go back to Bio. The thing I do like about this major though is turning in a project knowing that you kicked some ass. Haha, but getting there is the tough part. We'll see, only now are we starting to get into the drafting portion.

2 comments:

  1. Oh eric....i know how you feel. I began my drafting classes this semester and its seriously so time consuming and tedious. AND lettering is such a pain! Are you guys doing 1/8 square letters with 1/16 space? Its so damn tedious....sleep is only an option now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, sleep was a luxury to me when i was in landscape architecture.

    ReplyDelete