Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stapler base does something

So today I learned that the base of a stapler actually does something. I was stapling some study guides together and then I look at the back of the paper and the staple is all wrong. Then I notice the base that I always swivel just to play with to kill time actually does something. I thought it was just a weird happy face conveniently on the bottom, who knew it was functional.


 Smiley face down...

Your staples are gonna frown

Smiley face up....

Yo that's what's up!!

I wonder what's the purpose between the two forms. I feel all staples with smiley face down are gonna scratch everything. Anyways, staple the right way my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Me and my random trivia knowledge comes tot he rescue again.

    The "normal" form that we are use to is considered stronger, and tougher to remove. The alternate (Called pinning iirc) method is seem as a looser or temporary way of keeping pages together and easier to remove when you need to remove them.

    ReplyDelete