Today I will tell you about my knee.
Last September I banged my knee on a misseen step in a pool in Las Vegas. It was very sad, and pretty much a Fail at vision. Anyways I knew I hurt my knee but I did not know that the damage would be so bad. I thought that the injury would heal within a month or two but it didn't and I finally went to the doctor last coming break. But I didn't go to any doctor, but a Chinese sports doctor in Oakland.
Yeah its super random but my mom said it worked so I gave it a try. But yeah the place was close to the Oakland China town's main plaza but in kind of an office suite of Chinese Medicine, Hair saloons, and convenience stores.
So here in the his shop, the doctor only speaks Cantonese and listens to wild 99.7 as he does his work. This basically consists of him massaging my knee, and giving me this aromatic black paste medicine. (It's pretty stinky yo) The black paste is supposed to promote blood flow to wherever its applied too.
About two weeks of massaging, black paste and listening to J Cole's workout and Rihanna's we found love about 100 times. I'm done!!!! Today was my last day. w00t w00t! In a week I should be able to start running again.
But yeah, its interesting to see the different methods of medicine and what works. Just because it is not mainstream doesn't mean that it doesn't work. I guess its all in the perception if you trust something you believe it will work and it will work. But yes! I am happy, getting healthy again!
The day of my injury. Coincidence!!??? lol, nah but that's Greg Oden. He plays in the NBA for the The Portland Trailblazers. Nice guy.
Black Stinky Paste. Friend described it as "pungent" . Basically smells super asian
My bandage, for 12 hours a day
My last day with the doctor. He helped a lot and was very nice!
Sattau - is knee in cantonese
No comments:
Post a Comment