AHHHHH!! lol. Quick post cause I got to get crackin on my hw and stuff.
Made my recipes from AllRecipes.com again. Go Here for it.
Pie Crust recipe
Make the Dough
1/2 cup criso
1/2 cup butter
2 cups flour
1/2 cup H20
Cool the dough
They wanted it to be fridged for 4hours but I just freezed it for like an hour. I believe the dough is supposed to form better if it is frozen.
Cut the Apples
I was stupid and cut the skin of each apple individually instead of using a peeler. Doh! They were Granny Smith though. Granny Smith are apples used for baking and such due to their sweet nature.
Make the sauce
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
MORE BUTTER!!! supposedly 1/2 cup Butter, but I lessened this a bit at the end.
Place dough in Pie pan
Probably hardest part cause I didn't have enough dough. $_$ Got to make some more next time.
Put Apples and Filling in
I actually baked the bottom for a little bit before putting the apples, the filling and the top lattice on. I like the crust on my pies extra crispy.

BAM! Finished
Baked for 15 Minutes at 425 Degrees
About 35 Minutes afterwords at 325ish


Overall turned out good. The crust was amazingly good. Super crispy and good texture. The filling mixed with the Apples was a good mix of somewhat sour and sweet. A good experience. Next time I probably should cook this in Apple Season cause the Apples weren't as sweet as I expected. Was going to be make an Apple crumbler but looks like I have to study :( Peace out!
I actually baked the bottom for a little bit before putting the apples, the filling and the top lattice on. I like the crust on my pies extra crispy.
BAM! Finished
Baked for 15 Minutes at 425 Degrees
About 35 Minutes afterwords at 325ish
Overall turned out good. The crust was amazingly good. Super crispy and good texture. The filling mixed with the Apples was a good mix of somewhat sour and sweet. A good experience. Next time I probably should cook this in Apple Season cause the Apples weren't as sweet as I expected. Was going to be make an Apple crumbler but looks like I have to study :( Peace out!
That looks soo yummy!
ReplyDeletedid you make this for pi day?? haha.
ReplyDeleteEric Duong, Master of the apples
ReplyDeleteThanks guys!
ReplyDelete@tiff nah, I didn't figure out it was Pi day until I saw someone post it on facebook.
I think I'm going to cook more pies cause I still have hella apples. haha