| Finally Got my new Camera. $55 dollars on woot.com baby! The following pictures were taken with this. |
Anyways decided to use up the rest of my ingredients for my Apple Pie this weekend and decided I would try my second pie.
An Apple Crumbler is essentially still an Apple Pie but slightly different in that there is more crust on the top. The Main recipe I used was this but I decided I wanted it to make it somewhat healthy. I used way less butter and less sugar than the recommended amounts. Bad choice though. Desserts are a guilty pleasure and without the guilty, there is no pleasure.
Check it out
| Dough for the Crumble |
| Place Apples in Pie Crust + Sugar and Spice |
| Baked for 35 minutes at 400 C |
| Hmm missing something..? |
I added added some brown sugar into the dough mix, and I think that was my wrong doing. Brown sugar I believe caramelizes faster than the dough therefore giving it a somewhat burnt look, when regular dough would have been a nice golden brown. I also added cinnamon and nutmeg, this gave the pie an extra kick that wasn't present in the other pie. Next time, instead of 400 C I'll cook it maybe at 325 or 350 for 35 -45 minutes. Also add more butter to the crumble instead of shortening.
EXTRA: Ate my pie the next day. Turned out way better. The crumble was sweeter. Maybe the secret is eating the pie warm. But it turned out better somewhat overnight

No comments:
Post a Comment