Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Time to simplify

Ah finally figured out to blog on my phone. Anyways there's no easy way to put it but I got kicked out of cal poly this quarter. I haven't been doing well for awhile now and basically last quarter was the last straw that kicked me out. I pleaded my case to the dean but I guess that just made me realize more and more that biology wasn't my thing. I wasn't happy with it and it felt so unfufilling. I would study my ass off and then just get raped by the tests and wonder what went wrong. When growing up you are taught if you study hard you'll get good grades. This is true, but for bio and me, this wasn't the case. From this I have realized that somethings aren't for everyone.

The hardest part of this whole ordeal thoguh is telling people the truth. That you spent the last 4 years of your life trying to accomplish something to have lost and failed at the end. But Sssh, it's not like I tell them that. You kind of have to lie and crap to get around these questions. Back home I saw a lot of old high school friends i haven't seen in awhile. Basically a lot of them are all successful and crap, which is cool but compared to myself, what's left to do except tell them somewhat my unrequited goals. I thought about going intopharmacy but realistically that wasn't going to happen with the grades i got. Anyways you kind of have to fudge the truth cause no one likes to hear a sad story especially if they barely know you. But one thing I guess I want to let people know is that I worked hard and although the results wern't there, I gave it my all.

What should I do? Lebron is a funny man. Haha but seriously this question I guess has been with me for awhile now. Over break I had lots of time to reflect on this and talk to friends and family about this very question. I got really good advice and I am glad I have people to talk about this with. But overall they told me to look at myself and really reflect on myself as a person. Know exactly who you are and what your strengths are. I mean my older sister said I was a people person and that I am very personable. I got other advice at saying I should use my talents in south beach, jk quite possibly the culinary arts though. But for me I think i want something technical but personable. Last night I thought about owning a fried chicken restaurant, tonight I am thinking about being an architect. We ll see where this turns out but as of now I think I am going to sleep. Goodnight world.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it man. Cal poly is an ass sometimes, but it makes you realize that some things just don't work out. It's better to figure out that you hate bio now, rather than go into a really shitty job and be unhappy for the rest of your life.

    And yea you're hella personable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, take culinary school in the Fall in the LA area. I'll be moving to downtown LA area around September, and I need a roommate!!!!

    ReplyDelete